Workshop: Stress-reduced handling of rats and mice
The Swedish 3Rs center invites everyone working with rats and mice in research to take part in a refinement workshop.
In the workshop, you will take part of a presentation about improvements for research animals, followed by the latest in stress-reduced handling from RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. At the end of the workshop, you will have the opportunity to work with experts from RISE to figure out what techniques you can use and how to adapt them to your work place and situation.
All workshops will be virtual.
- Improvements for research animals – housing and handling: Katarina Cvek, coordinator of laboratory animal science at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Refinement at RISE: Marie Eriksson, project leader, Therése Ahlström, laboratory engineer, at Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE) and former co-worker Camilla Bengtsson
- Workshop about how you can implement some of the refinement methods presented
We will organize five identical and virtual workshops, where you can sign up to the one that suits you the best:
- 19 May at 13:00–15:00 (fully booked)
- 22 June at 10:00–12:00 (fully booked)
- 6 September at 13:00–15:00
- 26 October at 10:00–12:00
The workshops are directed towards researchers who work with mice and rats. However, people who work with these research animals in other contexts, such as animal technicians and veterinarians, are also welcome to attend.
The workshop will be held in English and organised in Zoom.
We offer a certificate for attendees that stay for the entire workshop.
Please register here at least two days before the workshop