A new national committee is installed
Each member state in the European Union shall have a national committee for the protection of animals used for scientific purposes. On the 3rd of February the Swedish Board of Agriculture installed a new committee for a period of two years.
The National Committee shall promote and coordinate the 3Rs work together with our stakeholders; animal welfare bodies, ethic committees on animal experiments, other authorities, researchers and associations. It shall collaborate with partners and other national committees in Europe. It is the Swedish Board of Agriculture that installs the National Committee.
The National Committe is acting as a steering group for the Swedish 3Rs Center.
National Committee 2021-2023
The new national committee is elected for two years:
- Håkan Henrikson, Swedish Board of Agriculture, chairman
- Anders Forslid, Lund University, vice chairman
- Karin Gabrielson Morton, Forska Utan Djurförsök, second vice chairman
- Leif Carlsson, Umeå University, member
- Katarina Cvek, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, member
- Helena Elofsson, Swedish Board of Agriculture, member
- Kristina Fant, RISE, member
- Madeleine Le Grevés, Uppsala University, member
- Lotte Martoft, AstraZeneca, member
- Elin Nyman, Linköping University, member
- Erika Roman, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences and Uppsala university, member
- Elin Törnqvist, Karolinska Institutet, member
- Michael Axelsson, University of Gothenburg, alternate member
- Johan Beck-Friis, Swedish Association for the Protection of Animals, alternate member
- Nicole Hanzon, SwedenBIO, alternate member
- Sofia Kamlund, Djurens Rätt, alternate member